Medieval dress "Igraine" tutorial

Hello ladies! Spring has officially come but the heavy rain of these made me think of winter :(
I  had enough time to start and complete a new medieval dress using the remaining burgundy fabric of my renaissance skirt. I used the Simplicity pattern 4940, designed by Andrea Schewe. The dresses displayed on the pattern remind a lot the Lord of the Rings costumes worn by Eowyn and Arwen. For my dress I chose the A model, inspired to Eowyn, and I want to use it for my personal project dedicated to Arthurian legends (that's why I called it Igraine).

 photo DSCF0346_zps41d55a32.jpg

Since I used a remaining fabric I didn't spend too much for this project and I had to buy the lace only. I took my inspiration from a gothic dress of mine (I admit) and I changed a little the pattern project since my dress doesn't have the collar and I avoided sleeves lining. The dress construction has been really simple even if I had some problems with the back due to the fabric, so I won't bother you too much. After cutting the pieces of the dress I started putting them together with the baste stitch and I've to admit this process took me a while since the pieces were really long. 
The sleeves have been easier to sew than I thought and I'm pretty satisfied :)

 photo IMG_8034_zpse269225b.jpg

As final touch I added black lace all around the sleeves and the neckline.

 photo DSCF0341_zpsfffdb652.jpg


 photo DSCF0345_zps702f708b.jpg
The finished dress on.
Igraine


What do you think?

Commenti

Post più popolari